Effective Date: April 27th, 2018
Please review our terms and conditions here.
Pipeline-Jobs is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Pipeline-Jobs complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Pipeline-Jobs is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Pipeline-Jobs may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Messaging Service
- Public Forums
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Social Media (Features) and Widgets
- Choices About Your Information Including Marketing Preferences
- Where Your Information Is Stored
- Children’s Privacy
- Third Party Websites
- California Residents
- Notification Procedures
- Pipeline-Jobs as a Data Processor
- How to Contact Us
1) INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT top
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site and the products and services of Pipeline-Jobs (collectively, the “Services”), including:
- Information by which you can be personally identified, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, and phone number (“Personal Information”). The specific Personal Information that we collect depends on the type of Services that you may be using; and
- Information, which does not identify you (“Technical Information”). We collect this Technical Information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site (e.g., usage details); and
- from third parties, for example, our partners.
- Information You Provide to Us. In the course of using the Services, you may provide us with information about yourself, including, but not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, responding to surveys, creating an account, subscribing to the Services, posting material, communicating with our personnel, sending, receiving, or engaging with messages, requesting further services, entering a contest, taking part in a promotion, or reporting a problem
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site
- User Contributions, i.e., you may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”)
- If you authorize Pipeline-Jobs to connect your account to the account of a “Connected Site”(e.g., LinkedIn, Ziprecruiter, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter), we may be able to access information you have provided to the Connected Site, such as content information, timeline feeds, contact and follow lists, network statistics and updates regarding your Connected Site account
- Information We Collect through Automatic Data Technologies.As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and the resources that you access and use on our Site or the Services
- Information about your computer and internet connection, operating system and browser type, device identifier (“UDID”) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Location based information for the purpose of setting up your job search preferences. We will not share this information with any third party. If you no longer wish to allow us to track your geo-location information in the Mobile Application, you may turn this off at the device level
2) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION top
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To administer our Site and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products or services that you need depending on the type of Services you use
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Site, products or services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- To diagnose service or technical problems, trouble shooting, analyzing how our Services is used, personalizing content for you, providing the end service to you (which may include sharing certain information with third party vendors and service providers) and to respond to any enquiries that you may have
- To improve our Site and the Services by enabling us to: store information about your preferences, allowing us to deliver a more personalized service to you; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to the Site
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
IMPORTANT: Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for public posting to our Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public and may be accessed, used and stored by others around the world. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive personal information or any other information that you would not want made public to any other Site or application or to a public website. You should never provide your social security number, national insurance number, financial information, passport number, and other sensitive information.
3) HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION top
- Personal Information.We may share or disclose your Personal Information with selected third parties, including:
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, in the event there ever are any.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred
- Law enforcement agencies; we fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pipeline-Jobs, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- If we believe that such action is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including instances where we suspect a User has uploaded any content that is infringing)
- Third party vendors who we use to support our business and help provide end services to you, including, but not limited to, credit card processing and other billing service providers, customer service providers, messaging service providers, and email service providers. We may also authorize third party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate certain features of our Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients
- Prospective employers if you respond to a job advertisement or have opted-in to our Resume Database. Note:to the extent that you have an account with Pipeline-Jobs, please ensure that the resume associated with your account is up-to-date so when you apply for a job on a Pipeline-Jobs website, the employer receives your most recent resume. You will have an account with Pipeline-Jobs if you opened an account yourself, signed up for job alerts, submitted your resume to the resume database, and/or applied for a job on the Pipeline-Jobs website. You can delete and upload new resumes by going to the ‘Profile’ settings in your account
- Upon your authorization, the Services may also post information directly to the timeline of your Connected Site Account
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
- With prospective employers or recruiters if you add your resume to the Resume Database. Users of the Services may also be able to view a free preview of information in the Resume Database that contains certain job/education history and other information. You can opt-out of your information being available in our Resume Database at any time by updating this preference on the My Profile tab of your Job Seeker account.
- With prospective employers and recruiters (and/or with their external Applicant Tracking System or similar external system used by such companies to manage responses to their job postings), if you respond to a job posting
- From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on our Services together with a third party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent
- Technical Information.We may share Technical Information (such as usage data and demographics, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Pipeline-Jobs services or to drive product engagement with other Users of the Services.
4) HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION top
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any Personal Information we process about you. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and credit or debit card data will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and keep your account information secure. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards.
5) MESSAGING SERVICE top
We collect, process and store information when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. This includes information such as the number of messages you’ve sent and received, when you have viewed a message, details of who you’ve chatted with and when and which messages were responded to (“Message Data”). We may share limited portions of Message Data with third parties including other users of our Services, such as identifying active users of the message service, highlighting responsiveness to messages, or notifying a sender when a message has been viewed.
We also store your messages (“Message Content”) to generally permit you to access your message history; however, we cannot guarantee access to all messages at all times, and messages may be removed or deleted, including in connection with changes in or interruptions of service with our vendors, changes to our Services or features, or Pipeline-Jobs’s or our vendors’ data retention processes or storage limitations. We may view Message Content to investigate or resolve technical or trust and safety issues or to improve our Services. We will never share Message Content with third parties except as required by law or with your consent.
We also may use automatic scanning technology on messages to allow us to recognize patterns on our messaging platform. These patterns may help us make your professional communications more efficient and informed and contribute to a safer and more secure job search experience. For example, our software may do the following:
- Look for text that indicates a web link (e.g. ends with “.com” or similar) to generate a clickable link
- Provide auto-complete options when it anticipates who the receiver of the message may be
- Look for content to provide quick actionssuch as a scheduling tool
- Look for content to provide quick repliesbased on context
- Check links shared in messages for malicious sites and looks for blacklisted keywords to detect spam and fraud.
6) PUBLIC FORUMS top
7) COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES top
- Passive Information.As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.To manage Flash LSOs please click here. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Services or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Services and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Tracking across Third Party Websites.Some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain website browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. The Services does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals on your browser. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Push Notifications.We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
8) SOCIAL MEDIA (FEATURES) AND WIDGETS top
9) CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION INCLUDING MARKETING PREFERENCES top
Upon request, Pipeline-Jobs will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through our Services, in which case Pipeline-Jobs may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update, delete inaccuracies, or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging into your account and selecting email/password. You can also submit a request to review, delete inaccuracies, correct and access the information about you by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. If you make a request to access your Personal Information we may charge you a fee subject to a maximum specified by applicable law. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, since we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups. We also reserve the right to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, community forums, or testimonials, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, adjust your user preferences in your account profile and /or click “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail communications we send you. You cannot opt-out of Services-related notices. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, offers, or new features or functionality.
If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to our Services, we provide you with a link to copy and paste to share with your friends, or spread the word on Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter. We provide you with a unique link ID so that you earn credit for each friend that joins the site by following your link. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to invite a friend to view our blog posts, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation. Pipeline-Jobs stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database at email@example.com.
10) WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED top
11) CHILDREN’S PRIVACY top
Pipeline-Jobs does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use the Services. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to Pipeline-Jobs or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12) THIRD PARTY WEB SITES top
13) CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS top
California residents may choose to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or choose to opt out of such disclosure. To make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us email@example.com or mail us at the address provided below.
14) NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES top
15) PIPELINE-JOBS AS A DATA PROCESSOR top
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Pipeline-Jobs.
Pipeline-Jobs acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. With respect to Personal Information provided by a client of ours (e.g., where we send job alert emails to job seekers on behalf of that client), we collect such information under the direction of that client and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process. If you are a customer of such a Pipeline-Jobs client and would no longer like to be contacted by such client, please contact the client directly. If you seek access or want to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, you must direct your request to that Pipeline-Jobs client (the data controller). If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by our service agreements with our Clients.
We will retain Personal Information that we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. Pipeline-Jobs will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and in accordance with our internal record keeping policies.
16) HOW TO CONTACT US top
|U.S. Mailing Address|
Attn: Business Affairs
Larimer Corporate Plaza 1312 17th Street, #537, Denver, CO 80202
Customer Support Questions: If you have questions about your User account, your subscription plan, job alerts, applications to Job Advertisements, or any other Services-related questions, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the following number:
US: 1-720-557-5237 (6am – 6pm MST)